Facebook users who are concerned about their privacy now have a new secret weapon. Facebook Secret Message is a tool that allows you to keep your Messenger conversations private from prying eyes such as eavesdropping hackers, government agencies, and even Facebook itself.
The question wrapping around your head is “how to see conversations on messenger on Android and how does it work?”
What exactly is a Facebook “private conversation”?
The Facebook Secret Conversation feature on Facebook secures communications sent through the Messenger app by encrypting them from beginning to end. While sending an encrypted message, keep in mind that only the sender and receiver have access to the message’s contents; to others, the message appears as a random collection of letters and numbers. According to Facebook, cybercriminals, governments, and even Facebook itself are unable to see the contents of messages sent in secret mode. It would be hard for Facebook to decode messages, and it is doubtful that the firm would provide
Up encrypted talks to authorities with search warrants, according to privacy advocates and industry experts. Facebook secret Conversation only available through the Messenger applications for the iphone, iPad, and Android devices. It has to be kept in mind that this feature is not available in the Messenger desktop application or on the Messenger website.
How to get access to “Facebook Secret Conversation feature”
- Start by launching the Messenger application and selecting the compose message icon in the upper-right corner.
- You will be presented with a list of all of your contacts. In this section, hit the button in the top-right corner – it will say Secret on an Android and will be a switch with a padlock icon on an Android – to unlock it.
How to make advantage of the “Facebook secret message”?
The function in Facebook Messenger to keep your communication private and confidential.
- By pressing the button in the top-right corner, you may activate the private communication mode.
- Tap on the person with whom you want to conduct a secret discussion in order to begin. No covert group chats are permitted; only one-on-one conversations are permitted.
- You will be invited to participate in a secret chat with the person you choose. The message you send will show on their smartphone as soon as it is received.
Because your confidential communications are “end-to-end encrypted,” you can be assured that they are safe at all times. If you and the person on the other end of the conversation are Facebook friends, you may also turn on vanishing messages for that individual. These allow you to set a timeframe for each message you send, ensuring that they are automatically deleted after a short amount of time.
What is the best way to know whether someone has begun a covert Facebook discussion with you?
In the event that you use the “Facebook secret message “feature to send a message to someone, a pop-up bubble will appear to inform the recipient that they are in an encrypted chat room. The other user in the chat will also be informed that the discussion is encrypted by text that appears beneath their profile picture. Despite the fact that Face book’s applications are becoming more secure, if you use these apps, your privacy may be at danger.
Whether or not hidden chats are visible on Messenger is debatable.
Secret Conversations are available in Face book’s Messenger software on any ios or Android device, and they are completely private. However, because this function is not available on Face book’s website, you will be unable to access it from a desktop computer. Keep in mind that Facebook Secret Conversations are only viewable on the devices that were used to initiate the chat between you and the other person involved. Even if you were able to reveal such information, you shouldn’t.
What methods do you use to track down private conversations?
The Messenger app on Facebook is where you’ll need to go if you want to have a hidden discussion with someone. You may always go back to a previous hidden discussion in the Messenger app if you want to continue it. It will be featured with other Messenger chats and will be denoted by a small grey lock symbol on the left-hand side of the discussion. You’re not a big lover of Facebook, are you? Consider using one of the other secure messaging applications listed below to keep your chats private.
How to establish a private Facebook discussion with a friend?
- Open the Facebook Messenger application on your smartphone.
- Now, choose the pencil symbol in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Then click on Secret in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Choosing the user with whom you wish to begin your private communication is important.
- After 10 seconds, any messages you type will be lost forever.
- Set a timer for the messages to vanish if you want them to disappear after a certain amount of time.
Although facebook would be the last social media platform to be relied upon so far as privacy is concerned. However, it has made attempts to cope up with the needs of time. Facebook secret conversation is one such feature that has ensured to shield individual privacy from cyber attacks which has become a common phenomenon in the millennial world.