Century Link has been providing internet, cable television, and telephone service in the US for quite a time now. Just like all other email platforms, users must be aware of the settings of the Century link also. The Century Link Mail service is web-based and the service is one of the best customized. It provides mail services in multiple languages and is thus trusted by users worldwide. It is also compatible with multiple devices and operating systems. One or more email accounts are created automatically when you sign up your company for the service. You will not require to know much about Century link email settings if you use your email via the webmail interface.
However, if you want to use a desktop email program or phone then you need to configure the settings. While learning about Century Link Email settings, one should be aware of the fact that email setup can vary for respective operating systems. In this article, we will discuss in detail each of the ‘Century Link Email Settings‘ processes. For setting century link email settings, irrespective of programs and devices, you will need the POP/SMTP server settings.
You must know that SMTP, POP3, and IMAP are different ways your email program (say, Outlook) communicates with your email provider (CenturyLink). Here are some simplified explanations of these ways needed for Century link email settings.
POP3 (Post Office Protocol)—
As the name implies, POP3 is the equivalent of the post office. It’s for storing your email. Centurylink email settings for the incoming mail server are as follows:
- POP server name- pop.centurylink.net.
- The port value should be 995.
- When prompted for Security, click on SSL
- SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)—You are supposed to know that SMTP gets your email from one place to the next, routing it between servers and eventually to your computer desktop. One must find out that an SMTP port sends an email through a network and to its recipient. Now, you were sending snail mail, it would be the mailman. CenturyLink filters port 25 for increased security. Smtp.centurylink.net is the server name. Century link email settings for outgoing mail servers are as follows:
- The port value is 587.
- Choose ‘TLS’ if it is an option.
- For username- enter your complete mail ID.
- By default, the server limit is set to 20 MB.
- Send to limit- 100 contacts.
- If you are using webmail then the limit is set to 100 per hour
- SMTP send limit is 500 per hour.
- If you are using IP to send email then the limit is set at 50 for every 5 minutes.
- IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol)— You are expected to know that IMAP is a fancier version of POP3. For instance, with IMAP, the user can keep your email on the server, now sure something you can’t do with POP3. You areIMAP requires more server space and computing power to operate. We don’t currently support IMAP.
- IMAP server- mail.centurylink.net
- Server port number- 993
- When choosing a security type, make sure that you select SSL
- Make it a point that you enter your complete CenturyLink email id when you are asked for the username while Century link email settings.
Just like POP3- The server limit is set at 20 MB by default.
- The send to limit is also set at 100 contacts but you can also buy an extra limit
- Now, in case, or if you are using a webmail service then the set limit is 100 per hour
- The limit is 500 per hour for SMTP
- When you use the IP-based mail service- you can only send 50 emails per 5 seconds.
Change Century Link Email settings on iPhone:
If you want to configure Century Link email settings on your iPhone, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First, Go to the iPhone settings
- Find and click on the ‘Mail, Contacts and Calendars, option.
- Select the ‘Add Account’ that you will find below the iCloud tag. select ‘other ‘ if CenturyLink.net is not there in the list.
- Select the option that says ‘Add Mail Account’ and enter the following credentials for Century link email settings.
- Name: Your Name
- Email: Your username
- Password: Your centurylink.net account password
- Description: Century link
- Hit ‘Next’ when you are done.
- Under incoming mail server, pick IMAP and enter:
- Hostname: mail.centurylink.net
- Username: Your full username
- Password: Your centurylink.net password
- Use SSL: Yes
- Authentication required? : Enter Yes and type in the password
- Server Port number: 993
- Enter the following details under the outgoing mail server:
- Hostname: smtp.centurylink.net
- Username: Your full email address
- Password: Your centurylink.net account password
- Use SSL: Yes
- Authentication?: Enter your Password
- Server Port: 587
- Save the changes upon completion and you have successfully configured CenturyLink email settings on your iPhone.
Change Century Link Email settings on iPad:
- Select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Go to the ‘Mail, Contacts, Calenders’ option.
- Click on ‘Add account’ and then go to ‘Other’.
- Type in your email credentials and tap on ‘Next’.
Incoming Mail Server Host Name – imap3r.customer.cloud.savvisdirect.com or pop3r
Outgoing Mail Server Host Name – smtp11r.customer.cloud.savvisdirect.com
Username – The email address of your account.
You should know the Password – The password used for logging in.
- You are required to Select the items you would like to sync between your webmail and mail app and select the Save option to successfully carry out the Century Link email settings.
Change Century Link Email settings on Android:
To make CenturyLink email settings for your android device follow these steps:
- Firstly, you must Go to the Android Home screen and open the Email app.
- If you have other email accounts in this app then go to ‘Menu’, select ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Add Account’.
- Go to the Setup email section, select ‘Other’.
- Enter your centurylink.net email address then click on ‘Manual Setup’.
- Click on IMAP account and enter the following details under the incoming server settings tab:
- Username: Your email address
- Password: Your account password
- IMAP server: mail.centurylink.net
- Security type: SSL (Make sure SSL encryption is allowed for the incoming mail server)
- Port number: 993
- Click on ‘Next’.
- Enter this for outgoing server settings:
- SMTP server: smtp.centurylink.net
- Port: 587
- Security type: SSL
- Click on ‘Next’ once done.
- Select the Email check frequency.
- Enter your account name and click on ‘Done’ to complete the Century link email settings.
Change Century Link Email settings on Outlook:
For knowing about century link email settings on outlook, refer to the following steps.
- Open Outlook and go to ‘File’
- Click on ‘Account settings’ and then again select the ‘account settings’.
- Click on ‘New’ and then click on ‘Manual setup or additional server types’.
- Now select ‘Next’ and then go to ‘POP or IMAP’.
- Click on ‘Next’ and enter your email ID and name in the box shown and then fill in the following credentials:
- Account type- POP3
- Incoming mail server- pop.centurylink.net
- Outgoing mail server- smtp.centurylink.net
- Fill in the following details under login information:
- Username- Your complete email address
- Password- Your CenturyLink password
- Go to ‘More settings’
- Click on ‘Outgoing server and ensure that the following information is selected:
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires verification
- Use the same settings as my incoming mail server
- Select ‘Advanced settings’ and enter the following information:
- Enter 995 in the ‘Incoming server (POP3)’ field.
- Check the box next to ‘This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)’.
- Enter 587 in the ‘Outgoing Server (SMTP)’ tab.
- Select the TLS option.
- Tick the box next to the option that says ‘Leave a copy of messages on the server’.
- Click on ‘Ok’
- Once you are done, click on Next’ and then ‘Close’
- Hit on ‘Finish’ and you can use your know-how to set up Century Link email settings.
Change Century Link Email settings on Mac:
- To set up your e-mail first Select the “Mail” stamp icon.
- Select “Add Account”.
- Select “Add Other Mail Account,” then select “Continue.”
- Enter the following credentials
- Full user name
- Email address.
- Type in your password and select ‘Create’.
- If you see a screen that says “Account must be manually configured,” select “Next” and proceed to the next step.
- Select the POP tab. Enter pop.centurylink.net for the “Mail Server”. Enter your full email address under the “User Name”. Finally, Enter your password for century link email settings.
- Select the Next option.
- Enter 995 for the port and check “Use SSL,” then select “Next.”.
- For the Outgoing Mail Server info, Enter smtp.centurylink.net for the “SMTP Server”, full email address for the “User Name” and your password. Select “Create”
- Enter 587 for the port and uncheck “Use SSL”.
- select “Create” to finish the Century link email settings
Some basic tips for Century link email settings:
- Your CenturyLink email login is different from your My CenturyLink online account login.
- You must create your mail address before you can set it up on your device.
- When you set up your email program, you may be prompted to “leave a copy of your emails on the server.” We recommend you accept this option.
- You are expected to know the Email Size Limit and that it refers to the size of a single email, and you should then simply “Send To Limits” which also include the To, Cc, and Bcc fields in emails. You must know that these limits are the same whether you’re using webmail or SMTP.
If you cannot perform the Century link email settings with the help of the above-mentioned processes, you can take technical assistance from experts by contacting them from the official website of Century link.