TurboTax is an essential piece of equipment that makes your life easy as I file taxes on behalf of you. From calculations to managing taxes, it can do it all and has gained quite a prominence since its introduction.
However, since it is so widely used, there are chances when users have gotten to face TurboTax error 1921 which does not allow you to open your software and constantly displays a message saying ” Service Intuit”. This message is generally displayed when you have outdated software and could hinder the normal functioning of the software.
What causes TurboTax error 1921?
There could be a variety of reasons that could cause this error.
- Your framework might be out of date.
- TurboTax is not properly installed.
- You might have deleted an important file that could cause the error.
- There could be an attack of malware or viruses.
- A corrupted software must have gotten installed that is causing the error.
How to fix TurboTax Error 1921?
There are various methods by which you can fix this error. Let us discuss them below.
Method 1 :
- The very first thing that you can do is to restart your computer.
- Next, open Task Manager and type “Task Manager” in the search box.
- End all the background tasks along with TurboTax and exit the page.
- Then, click on Windows and then on Restart.
- Press on Windows key + R to launch the Run window.
- Next, type ” Services. msc” in the search bar and hit the ” Enter”
- If you are a Windows 10 user, simply press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC keys to launch the Task Manager. Then click on the Services Tab and press Open Services at the bottom.
- Next, you are required to sort the services in alphabetical order by selecting Intuit Update Service from the Name tab.
- Then right-click and select Properties.
- Next, click on the Startup Type and ensure that it is not running, if it is running then click on the Stop Button from the Properties Window.
- Next, set it to Automatic and then click on save.
Method 3 :
- If you are a Windows 10 user, you can right-click on the Windows logo and select Windows Powershell(ADMIN).
- Type CMD in the Powershell console.
- Then type, wuauclt.exe/update now and hit Enter.
- If there are missing updates, Windows will Download them.
A detailed overview has been provided above on how to fix TurboTax error 1921. Go through the solutions provided above that can help you fix your issue. Three methods have been mentioned and you can opt for any method you desire.