Google chrome has been thriving as one of the most popular search engines among millennials. It has been able to stand out from its competitors because of its efficiency and easy going nature. Almost all the people in the world have been able to make the most out of google. A question that often wraps round the head as “Why to set chrome as default browser?” The answer lies in the fact that whenever one set chrome as default browser he/she gets an easy access to all hyperlinks that automatically opens in Google chrome.
If you are seeking an answer on how to set chrome as default browser on your device/devices?”
This article is the perfect suit for you!
In the millennial world, people have access to either an android smartphone or an iphone a macbook and even a laptop. But most of them are not aware of “how to set chrome as default browser in their device?”Here is a detailed guide on:-
Most android users often sought out a detailed guide on “how to set chrome as default browser on android?”
- Open the settings tab on the android phone. The icon of settings can be found in the home screen.
- On the setting click on “Apps” which is an abbreviation of mobile applications. This enables us to make necessary changes in the application settings.
- The next step is followed by a click on the three dots on the right corner of the screen. Select “Default apps”
- Once opened click on the “Browser apps”and set Google chrome as default browser. This opens any hyperlink automatically on your browser when you click in any hyperlink elsewhere on your phone.
- Once all the steps have been followed you are good to go.
Because of its tailored characteristics, Google Chrome provides a number of advantages to users who choose to use it as their main web browsing application. Making Chrome your preferred browser, for example, implies that each link you open will be immediately visited through Chrome when you click on it. It is however recommended to download Google chrome first if not inbuilt to access these features.
How to set Chrome as your default web browser on Mac computer.
Making Google Chrome your default browser is a straightforward process. You’ll need to download the programme if you haven’t already done so. Setting Chrome as your default internet browser may be accomplished in either a MACbook or even a windows laptop
The steps to set chrome as default browser on Mac are as follows:-
- Launch Google chrome if it hasn’t been installed yet. MACbook book does not have Google chrome pre installed or inbuilt.
- Select Default browser from the drop-down option on the left. However it has to be kept in mind that safari is built in MACbooks.
Alternative options include the following procedures:
- From the desktop screen, choose the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down list on the screen.
- The next step is followed by the selection of “General” From the drop-down menu.
- Select Google Chrome from the pop-up selection next to Default web browser
- Click OK to exit the browser window.
One out of four is a windows user and IoT has made the use of Google chrome more extensive. But even if you are windows users how often you have to paste the link on the search bar of your browser every time you want to access a link. This problem can be kept away by setting Google chrome as default browser
How to “set Chrome as default browser on Windows”? Is a most frequently asked question by one out of every two windows users across the globe. Depending on the Windows navigation interface you are using, the process of making Chrome your default browser may change slightly.
If you are using Windows 10, you need take the following steps:
- To access the menu, press the Start button mostly on the left bottom corner of the laptop screen.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Select the Apps option from the drop-down menu.
- From the side panel, choose Default applications.
- Select the current browser from the Web browser drop-down menu.
- From the programme window, select Google Chrome and then click on done.
However not all windows users use the same windows interface The following procedures are for users of Windows 8 and Windows 7 operating systems to set chrome as default browser on Windows”
- To access the menu, press the Start button.
- Locate and choose the Control Panel from the drop-down menu.
- Select Programs from the drop-down menu.
- Select Default Applications from the drop-down menu and then select set your default programmes.
- Select Google Chrome from the drop-down menu on the left.
- When you’re finished, choose set this application as the default and press OK.
It is imperative to know that making Google chrome as default browser comes with a host of benefits. It allows you to look through your web browsing history and can automatically generate strong, secure passwords for your online accounts. Using a Chrome cast, you can also display WebPages on your television, which is much more convenient. It will also automatically translate pages if they are in a different language, whereas other browsers require you to download this functionality. It also features themes that allow you to customize the appearance and feel of the browser.
If you too want to access these benefits don’t pull yourself back to set default browser chrome.