Facebook is great for keeping in touch with family and friends, but it can also feel a little too personal at times. Probably, you don’t want to be notified whenever your politically active college pal posts a status update. Perhaps you’re a member of a particularly active Facebook group, and you’re sick of the notifications cluttering your phone. You don’t want to block them, but you do want to silence them without leaving the group and potentially hurting their feelings – thankfully, Facebook has made this easy. This blog will show you the step-by-step method of how to turn off Facebook notifications Chrome mac.
How can I turn off Facebook notifications on your computer?
- Go to Facebook.com and log in to your account using your preferred internet browser.
- Look for the downward-facing arrow in the upper righthand corner of your screen once you’ve signed in. To open a dropdown menu of options, click this.
- To access your account customization screen, scroll to the bottom of the list and click “Settings.”
- You’ll find a “Notifications” option on the left-hand side of your Settings screen. To access notification settings for mobile, email, text, and website notifications, click this.
- Also, you can turn notifications on or off for a specific Facebook site or mobile app element by clicking “Edit” next to any of the above options. Now, Facebook allows you to enable or disable notifications for individual apps and plugins on its site in this way, ensuring that you receive notifications for the updates you care about.
It’s worth noting that Facebook’s notification controls are pretty specific, and going through them all may take some time because you’ll be changing options for specific features rather than all games, apps, or tags as a whole.
How can I turn off Facebook notifications on the mobile app?
If you wish to find out how to turn off Chrome notifications on mac, you are just supposed to follow few important instructions that are explained here. Check out the steps to know more about it.
- Locate and open the Facebook app icon on your phone’s home screen.
- You are supposed to click the three stacked horizontal lines in the lower right-hand corner of your screen, and then you must open a menu of options, then scroll down until you find “Settings & Privacy.”
- A new sub-menu will appear when you select “Settings & Privacy.” To access your account settings, click the second “Settings” button.
- Scroll nearly to the bottom of the extensive menu of options to locate an option for “Notification settings” immediately below the “Notifications” title. To see all alerts you’re now receiving from close friends, apps you’re using on the site, and even posts in groups you’re a part of, tap this button.
- To change the settings in any of these areas, tap on them one by one to turn them on or off; this is how you stop Facebook notifications chrome.
- Note that the appropriate options provided at the bottom of your “Notification settings” screen allow you to choose the important option that is how you want to receive notifications – through email, mobile, or text message.
How to turn off Facebook notifications on mobile?
If you’re sick of your phone constantly ringing with Facebook notifications, I’ve got some good news for you: you don’t have to live your life that way. Smartphones are already clogged to the point of being unusable. So, let’s get rid of those obnoxious notifications.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select ‘Notification Settings’ from the dropdown menu.
- Change your notification preferences based on the type of notification.
- To turn off a notification, use the toggle buttons next to it.
You may now manage your Facebook notifications! You’ve decluttered your phone and may prevent unnecessary distractions with those simple steps. Just make sure to check Facebook now and then to make sure you’re not missing anything!
Now, one can read this blog if you want to find out how to turn off Facebook notifications on mac chrome. You must go through the steps that are given above, as you would be able to find the answer to the significant questions like, can you stop notifications of Facebook?