Outlook error code 500 is a common issue with the web best outlook application and can have various causes and it can be fixed too. You might get a warning message like something went wrong: error 500. There are different ways to fix it temporarily and if you need a permanent solution you will have to continue reading this blog. There are times where this problem occurs like Outlook not working or Outlook error code 500 so to fix it you have to follow a few steps to permanently have access to your emails without any outlook error code 500 our outlook not working. fix outlook 500 error using these simple steps-
Try using an incognito tab- This is the first step. As email is an important communication tool for most businesses and for other users too. So when a problem occurs like Outlook not working or you can’t sign into Outlook it can be a stressful situation. However, you can use an incognito window in any browser and remove cookie and site data Which will essentially remove your plug-ins. If cookies or plug-ins are preventing you from using outlook web access or an incognito window would help you determine the root cause.
Few steps to access your emails-
- First of all open an incognito window
- Second type office.com into the address bar
- Third login using your Microsoft account credentials
- Four select your Outlook using the app launcher
Clear your browser cookies and cache- any phone technical support related browser recommends clearing your browser cookies and cache. Cookies and your cachet perform an important role and are usually beneficial to you but they can cause issues sometimes. Clearing your browser cookies and catching you can help you access outlook via the web again. The process of clearing browser cookies and cache differs from browser to browser like chrome and Firefox and edge.
For Microsoft edge-
- first you have to click on the three horizontal doors to open the menu
- secondly click on setting
- third click on the cookies and site permission
- Click on manage and delete cookies and site data
- fifth click on see all cookies inside data
- Sixth click remove all and then clear
After you have followed these steps follow this instruction to sign into logging into outlook web access. After that type his.address into the address bar and login using your Microsoft outlook account select Outlook using the app launcher. Once you have selected Outlook it should open up your emails if you have followed the steps correctly and if your emails have opened correctly this means that you can determine that issues are caused by cookies or cache. If the problem still exists and it shows outlook not working or Outlook not responding then you have to follow the Next Step.
Here are the steps on how to clear cookies and cache on Google Chrome-
- The first step is to click the three vertical dots which is customize and control Google Chrome
- secondly click on the settings option
- thirdly click privacy and security
- Fourthly click clearing browsing data
- Lastly select only cookies, another Site data and caste image and price then click clear data.
Once you clear cookies and cache images and files using the above steps, follow the outlook web access. Type office.com into the address bar and then login using your Microsoft account then select Outlook using the app launcher and once you select Outlook that should open up your emails if you have followed the steps correctly if your emails don’t open and you are still getting 500 internal server error then you have to move on to the Next step to try a different browser.
Follow the steps to clear cookies and cache using Firefox-
- firstly click on the three horizontal lines open menu
- Second click option
- third click privacy and security
- Fourth scroll to the cookies inside data and then click the clear data option .
- After that click on the clear option
- Lastly click clear now.
Once you have followed the steps that I mentioned above follow the steps below to attempt accessing outlook for the web by typing office.com into the address bar then login using your Microsoft outlook credentials then select Outlook using the app launcher.
Once you have tried opening from the three different browsers and still getting 500 internal server error then you have to download a different browser.
Trying a different browser
If the above steps have not been fixed the issue it’s a good idea to try a different browser some websites and software work better on some browser than the others that can be said Microsoft’s 365 and outlook web access. If you are getting the Outlook repeating redirects detected on the current browser try another the best browsers for all for Microsoft 365 are Microsoft edge and Google Chrome. Aryan fireworks at two other popular browsers that you can give it a try. Firstly you have to download all the different browser one by one and follow these steps to access the web-based version of Outlook on your device.
- First of all type of his.com into the address bar
- Then login using your Microsoft 365 credential
- Then select Outlook using the app launcher.
Once you select Outlook it should open up your emails if you have followed the steps correctly and and if If don’t then skip onto the next step.
Adjust date and time settings- If you’re above steps of troubleshooting Has not been resolved then the issue is likely something more permanent that can be fixed just by changing browser settings. Time and date settings can cause the error 500 Outlook and sorry here’s how you can check that your date and time are synchronized correctly. The steps are only applicable to Windows 10 users although the process applies to older versions of the system too.
- first step is to click the Windows key
- then type time and click change the date and time option
- Once done Under the heading synchronize your clock click the sync now button, at this point you should check that your time zone is correct and if it is not correct this can cause the repeated redirections error too.
If the above emails don’t open and you are still getting error 500 please move onto the next day remove unnecessary license or administrative rolls which is the issue that caused runtime code 500 Microsoft Outlook error.
Remove unnecessary license or administrator roles- if all the rest of the troubleshooting steps are still in coloring the 500 error you are not out of luck yet but your heart few steps that you may follow to fix it-
- First type of his.com into the address bar
- then login using your Microsoft outlook account 365
- then select admin using the app launcher and select users drop down and click the active users option
- Then find the user in your list and select it
- click on managing roles and under the heading roles
- then after that remove all admin roles other than global admin and click on the save changes option
- Close all the open browsers and wait for two minutes before you open your browser then type office.com into the address bar and login using your Microsoft outlook and then select Outlook using the app launcher.
- after selecting active users will bring up all the users in your organization that will allow you to change permissions. Find your user in the list and select then click manage rules under the heading rules then remove all admin roles other than global administrator.
Hopefully following these steps would help you in fixing 500 internal server error. One can fix 500 Internal Server on Outlook by applying the steps.