AOL is considered to be a widely recognized brand in America for providing online services, including internet services, mail services, etc. Originally named America Online, the brand has become popular as Aol or AOL since its venture into the tech market. AOL Mail provides free-of-cost email services with lots of features including spam protection and virus protection. The AOL Mail service is web-based and the service is provided by AOL(America Online). It is known as one of the best-customized mail that helps in connecting with people. AOL Mail provides mailing services in 54 different languages and that is why it has users worldwide. AOL Mail works both in Android and the iPhone. Users have a common query, how to change AOL password. The process varies with devices and operating systems. IN this article, we will discuss in detail, each of the processes required to change AOL password.
There are two circumstances that can cause someone to want to change AOL password: 1) forgetting the AOL password and needing to recover it and 2) the requirement to change AOL password. All in all, it is a safe and smart practice to change AOL password from time to time in order to save your account from getting hacked. In fact, it is suggested that you should change AOL password for at least a month.
General steps to change AOL password:
- Sign in to the AOL Mail Account from the AOL website.
- Once signed in, the user is taken to the My Account page. Click the Edit link next to the Password field.
- Type a new password and retype it for confirmation.
- Click Continue to carry on with the change AOL password.
- If the entered information is correct, the password information will be updated. Hence, the user can now log in with his/her new password.
How to change AOL password on desktop?
- Open a browser of your choice.
- Log in to AOL with the necessary credentials.
- TYpe in your name.
- Select the Account Security option.
- Now select the Change Password option.
- Enter your new password.
- Finally, confirm it to successfully change AOL password.
How to change AOL password on iPhone?
- Open Settings and go to the Passwords & Accounts tab.
- Tap on Website & App Passwords.
- Select the email address you want to update and tap the Edit button.
- Go to the Password field and replace your current password with a new one.
- Select Done to successfully change AOL password.
How to change AOL password on Android?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your device’s Settings app Google. Manage your Google Account.
- At the top, tap on Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap Password. You might need to sign in using your login credentials.
- Enter your new password, then tap Change AOL Password.
How to change AOL password on Chrome?
- Open the chrome browser from the device you are working with.
- Go to aol.com.
- Click on the check-in option.
- Below the username and password box, you’ll see the forget password option. So click on it.
- type your email address and click on the continue button.
- prove that you simply aren’t a robot. So simply accept the captcha code and click on continue again.
- After proving you’re not the robot, you’ll reach the subsequent screen. For verifying the account ownership, you’ll choose any verification method, like- phone, security questions, etc., and verify the account ownership. Be cautious while you are verifying your account. If you’ll choose phone verification for verifying the account ownership, you’ll get a code on your phone via call or SMS. You simply need to enter this into your computer. Try to just answer the safety questions.
- If you’ll verify the account ownership successfully, then you’ll reach the new password window.
- Create your password now to change AOL password.
- After resetting the password, you’ll go ahead and check out to log in to your AOL account with a replacement password.
How to change AOL password on iPhone?
The steps you’ll need to follow are –
- Locate and press the Settings icon.
- Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars in the left menu.
- Choose the account for which you want to change the password.
- Now, select the email account.
- Enter your new password in the Password field.
- Press the Done button after you have typed the password.
- Press the Done button again.
You have carried out the change AOL password on your iPad has been changed successfully.
How to change AOL password on Windows 11?
- Open the Settings app’s Accounts page. The quickest way to access this page is to launch the Start menu, search for “Password” and then select “Change your password.” This will automatically launch the Settings app to the appropriate Accounts page.
- Click ‘Password.’ Note that this option will only be available if you haven’t enabled any of the Windows Hello authentication tools; otherwise the Password section isn’t shown.
- Click ‘Change.‘ A drop-down menu should appear telling you that “You’re all set up” and offering a button called “Change” that leads to the password setup screens.
- Enter your current password.
- Enter your new password and hint. It’s worth noting that, unlike other operating systems, Windows 11 doesn’t allow you to leave the “Hint” field blank, so you have to enter something. Choosing meaningless punctuation or a deliberately misleading hint can help make sure nobody else can guess your password based on this information.
- Click on Finish.
How to change AOL password on Windows 10?
- Choose Settings and then go to Manage Accounts, and then choose the account you need to update.
- If you selected an Outlook.com account, you can change or update your password by choosing Change account settings. AOL Mail for Windows 10 will take you to a webpage for your account where you can change your password.
- After you update the password on the webpage, Mail for Windows 10 will receive that change automatically.
- For all other accounts, after you update your password with your email provider, you can update the password in the Account Settings dialog box and
- Finally, choose Save to complete the process.
How to change AOL password on Mac?
- Go to the AOL mail sign-in page.
- Enter your AOL credentials.
- Click on next.
- Click on Change AOL password.
- Choose one of the password reset options. Depending on how you set up your account, you might be able to choose your phone number or email address. If you cannot access any of them, choose I need more options.
- Enter the code sent to your phone or recovery email.
- Select Create a new password to reset your AOL Mail password. See the tips below for help remembering your password.
- Enter the verification code, then select Verify.
- Log in to your AOL Mail account using your new password to see if you have successfully carried out the change AOL password process.
Some general tips for setting up a password
While users need to change AOL password, they often do several calculations in their heads regarding safety. It is necessary to keep in mind that a password is for self-security, so it should be convenient for oneself too. The following tips might help you to choose a password
- Try to use a combination of alphabets in both upper and lower case, numerals, and special characters.
- You can also use a short sentence using your words.
- Do not complicate the password too much as noting it down somewhere can be insecure.
- Avoid using personal information like birthdays, etc as they are easy to hack.
- Do not repeat the same password.
- AOL automatically requires a minimum of eight characters; so you can create a longer one according to your convenience.
- Change the password every three to six months for increasing security.
- For additional security, you can add two-step verification.
- You can get access to anti-virus software for security.
A user must be very careful while resetting a forgotten password or when they need to change AOL password. The user must be able to access at least one of the following recovery options:
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Security questions
The user can choose any of them or multiple of them for maximum security and safety while they want to change AOL password.
Frequently asked questions:
Why can I not change AOL password?
The basic solution to change AOL password not working issue
- Clear your browser’s cookies and cache.
- Try restarting the browser.
- Use a different web browser.
- Try logging into a different sign-in page, for instance, AOL Mail sign-in page
Why won’t AOL let me change AOL password?
Generally, AOL doesn’t let you change AOL password due to the following reasons: Browser-related problem- If you are unable to reset your password in the web browser then you should clear the cache and retry.
In case, you are still not being able to change AOL password from any of your devices or operating systems, you can take technical assistance from the official website of AOL. You are suggested to contact the Reset Password support team for detailed help.