Yahoo has been a trusted name since 1997 for their webmail services all-round the globe with 225 million active users and growing it is no doubt a preferred choice for many professionals. Yahoo provides this unique yahoo secret question bypass if you forgot your yahoo id password but certainly won’t work if you forgot yahoo email address.
Security questions are what Yahoo uses to confirm your identity whenever you request a reset of your Yahoo account password. Yahoo requires you to answer two questions accurately before it will release your account back to you. Otherwise, you will be locked out of your own account. Usually, these questions withstand the test of time, and you won’t really need to change them. However, if you find the need to, you can easily do so. You can only do this on your computer.
Security questions can be very helpful if you forgot your yahoo mail password but still want to login. You can sign in into yahoo using your security question and later use this same feature for your yahoo account recovery.
But what happens if you forgot yahoo security answers. In such conditions it is better to change your security question.
In a recent data breach, it is confirmed that hackers have stolen credentials of more than 500 million users. This data breach also includes answers to your valuable security questions, so it becomes very urgent to delete your old security questions and answers and add back a new one.
If you have a question like how to change yahoo mail security question. Don’t worry we got you covered. Below we have provided some ways by which you can change your yahoo mail security question easily.
Steps for changing your security question :
- Open yahoo mail or visit the yahoo mail website using any browser on your computer.
- Sign in using your email id and password in the field provided below. Now click on the sign in button to login into your account.
- Visit the account window and click on the gear icon on the top right corner of the page to display the menu and select account info from the same page.
- The new window will be displaying your yahoo profile picture and account information. All your personal information is stored here along with all the account and security settings necessary for your yahoo account.
- Update the password reset info and scroll down to sign in and the security option of the page. Now click on update password and reset info from the options provided in the section
- A new page will be opened, displaying all your current password, and reset option info
- Scroll down to the Secret question section just below to see your current 2 security questions.
- The questions don’t contain any answers for your own security and privacy
- Right below the question you are provided with a change question and answer link
- Click on the link
- The two questions displayed above will be changed automatically to drop down list containing ample of questions for your security question
- Question 1 – Click on the drop-down list of the secret question
- Scroll through the list of questions and click on the question which you want to update.
- Just below there would be a text box provided, once you have selected the question
- Type in your answer to the first question
- Question 2- Select the drop-down list for the second question
- Navigate through the list of question and click on any question to set it as a preferred choice
- Right under the question type in your answer in the text box provided, this will be the answer to your second question.
- Right below the questions there is a save link, click on the save link to lock in your answers to the two security questions.
By following the above steps correctly, you have successfully saved new security questions which can be used if you forgot yahoo id password. This could serve as an alternative way to log in into your account.
Due to rising data theft and hacking nowadays, it is advised to rather change your security question frequently for the safety of your yahoo account.
You can also disable your security question as it is advised to add a recovery email address or your phone number, in order to add more security for your yahoo account.
In the recent update if you have updated your mobile number or provided any alternate email address then your security question may have been removed automatically after the completion of updates.
Hope you have understood all the steps involved in the process to change yahoo security questions. The steps provided above are easy to follow with detailed descriptions, so you don’t have to search anymore.