The HP Desk Jet 2542 is a multifunctional printer covering all your printing scanning or copying needs. This printer is truly considered a wireless printer engulfed with ample of specification and can be even used from your smartphone due to its wireless nature providing you high quality prints from any location. This printer is perfectly suitable for home as well as office use with utilities to print both sides of the paper cutting paper use up to 50% adding that extra penny back into your pocket. That’s why HP DeskJet 2542 printer is the first choice for any buyer when considering to buy an all-rounder printer within an affordable price and HP trust.
Below we have provided certain details if you want to connect your printer wirelessly with apple devices like I phone or Mac computers. But first we will learn the steps involved if you consider HP DeskJet 2542 connect to wifi network
Wireless installation (WPS)
Once you have assembled your printer and downloaded all the software now it’s time to connect your printer to an wireless network so you can access it using any device (windows, mac android or I phone) wirelessly. For such wireless connection is it often preferred to use a pin method in order to connect your wireless router concerning your own safety. Below we will provide you with the details if you wanted to perform HP DeskJet 2542 wireless setup.
- Press the Wireless button and Start Copy Black button simultaneously to print the network configuration details page.
- Now locate a WPS PIN (The WPS PIN is printed at the top of the printed information page.)
- Press and hold the wireless connectivity symbol button on your printer control panel up to 3 seconds. The light showing wireless status starts blinking.
- Open the configuration utility or software for the wireless router or wireless access point in order to enter the WPS PIN provided on the top of information page obtained from your printer.
- In case to get more information about using the configuration utility, see the documentation or manual provided along with the router or wireless access point devices.
- Hold on for 2 minutes.
That’s it and you have connected your printer to wireless connection without any hustle. In order to check you connection, notice that he wireless blinking light starts glowing continually.
How do HP Deskjet 2542 connect to Wi-Fi Mac?
If you were wondering about how to connect HP DeskJet 2542 to wifi on mac. Don’t worry we have provided detailed steps in order to connect your mac with Hp desk jet 2542 printer. Flow the instructions provided carefully if you want your HP DeskJet 2542 connect to wifi mac.
- Connect your MacBook to the wireless network or router.
- Connect the hp desk jet 2542 to the same network on which you have your computer connected.
- Click on the apple menu and choose system preference option.
- Then choose print and fax or printer and scanners option from the menu list provided.
- Your printer name on the connection will be displayed. If not displayed than click on the plus symbol and them printer and scanner option in order to add it in the queue
- Now confirm air print in the use menu and click on add button.
And this is how you have successfully setup your HP DeskJet 2542 with a mac computer.
Connect and print using apple device IPhone or iPad
Apple devices have built in solution for printing needs known as air print. But if you were wondering How to Connect HP Deskjet 2540 to iPhone we have got you covered. Below we have provided different steps by which you can connect HP DeskJet 2542 printer wirelessly and print on the go.
- Make sure you have turned on your apple device or iPhone
- On your Apple device, please make sure that the Wi-Fi is turned on and there should be a check mark next to the name of your local Wi-Fi network.
- Check if you have connected the Wi-Fi it to the same wireless network where you have connected your printer.
- On your printer press on the wireless and start copy button simultaneously for 3 sec.
- A wireless test report is printed with all the connection deals.
- In the report check the printer connection status weather it shows text like connected or ready.
- Press and hold the Wireless button on your 2542 printer for 5 seconds or until the wireless light starts to blink.
- Within 2 minutes, press and hold the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button on the router to begin the connection process.
- The wireless light on the printer stops blinking when the connection is established.
- Now open the item you want to print on your I phone device
- Tap on share and then on the print icon
- Provide all the settings for printing about size and ink selection.
- Now tap on print.
That’s it and you have successfully connected your hp deskjet 2542 wireless setup to utilize it while printing from your iPhone.
So, here we have provided all the details concerning HP DeskJet 2542 covering all your printing or connecting needs, these details are also included in the HP DeskJet 2542 manual but the steps provided by us are simple and easy to perform. Happy printing!!