HP laptops have always been a popular brand and people’s first choice when buying laptops. The main reason behind Hp laptops has a good position in the market is it’s great performance and savings at the same time. HP Laptops provides some great and attractive deals as we all know that the combination of power and performance is remarkable. However, users often encounter the issue regarding the HP Laptop mouse not working. Hence, here you will learn how to fix the issue.
Common and Frequent Steps to fix Hp Laptop Mouse
The mouse in the Hp Laptop is the Touchpad, which is located in the palm rest of the laptops. Its general function is the same as the mouse. The pad is touch-sensitive with two more buttons whose functions are the same as the left and right buttons on an external mouse. Sometimes users encounter the issue that their HP Laptop touchpad is not working. When your Touchpad is not working, you can try different ways to fix it. The following ways and the steps are given below.
- Touchpad service in the Laptop
- First, you have to press the Windows Logo key and x together on your keyboard (because your mouse is not working, you have to do everything via keyboard, or you can even use an external mouse).
- Then, a pop-up menu will appear; click on the Settings option.
- After that, you will be able to see the window settings. Click on the devices option.
- Then, go to the mouse and touchpad option. Click on the Additional mouse option given in the bottom right of the screen.
- After that, you have to select your Touchpad, which will be either in the Hardware tab or Device settings tab.
- Make sure your Touchpad is enabled, and at last, reboot your computer to check if it is working.
- Update Touchpad driver-: Sometimes, the reason behind Touchpad not working is because it needs an update; thus, here are the settings on how to update your touchpad driver.
- First, turn on your Laptop, and download the Driver Easy.
- Then, run the Driver easy and press the scan now button. (Driver Easy scans your computer to check and detect the problem drivers).
- After the scan is complete, your Touchpad will appear in the Driver easy window; click on the update button, which is next to the flagged Touchpad. (this will automatically download the correct version.)
- After the download is complete, install it on your Laptop.
- In the end, reboot your Laptop and check if it is working.
- Troubleshooting the hardware problem-:
- First, you have to go to your Control Panel and click on the troubleshooting option.
- After that, click on the Hardware and sound option.
- After that, click on the hardware and device.
- After that, click next to start the troubleshooting process.
- Then, you have to follow the on-screen wizard in order to automatically fix the issue.
- In the end, reboot your Laptop and check whether your Touchpad is working.
By following either of the steps, you will find your solution. Even there is a shortcut way through which you can simply enable your Hp laptop touchpad. You could see a dot provided in the upper left corner of the touchpad panel, all you need to do is a double-tap on the dot, and it will enable your Hp Touchpad. You can even use an external mouse, which can be connected either through Bluetooth or USB. Sometimes it becomes frustrating when your Laptop is not working when you need it the most. Thus you can easily look up the solution and resolve HP Laptop Mouse not working.
How can I unlock my HP Laptop Mouse?
HP Laptops are immensely easy to use, yet many times users do complain that HP Laptop Mouse not working; one of the reasons behind this issue could be HP Laptop Mouse not working. Now, in such a case, you are supposed to double-tap the sensor in order to enable your HP Laptop Mouse.
How can I fix HP Laptop Mouse Error?
As many times, the user encounter issues like HP Laptop Mouse not working. Now, in such cases, the reason could be missing or outdated data driver. Now, you must open your device manager and then try to instantly update your Driver.
How to unfreeze the HP Laptop Mouse?
Many times, the mouse of the HP Laptop freezes, and so it creates severe trouble. Now, in such cases, all you need to do is to follow few important steps that will efficiently resolve the HP Laptop mouse not working. You must unlock your HP Touchpad, now double-tap on the sensor, now disable the sensor again.
Why does my cursor not move on my HP Laptop?
Even though HP Laptops are one of the most renowned and prestigious brands in the market yet users often complain that HP Laptop Mouse not working or not responding. Many times, the cursor does not move, and hence it is important to resolve it. At first, you are supposed to find out the cursor button, you must press it, and if it does not work, then you must check out your row function keys located at the keyboard.
How to fix the unresponsive HP Laptop Mouse on Windows 10?
The users of HP Printer many times do encounter HP Laptop Mouse not working or becomes unresponsive now, at this time, all you are supposed to do is to press the Windows button and then I at the same time. Now, from the device, move to the Touchpad and then towards the additional settings, and then you must make the necessary changes in the Touchpad settings.
How to reset the HP Laptop Mouse?
At first, you are supposed to press the Win key and then type ‘mouse.’ Now, when you see mouse settings, you are supposed to press the up or down arrow and then at last click on the enter button. Now, in the mouse settings, you must press ‘Tab’ on your keyboard till the highlighting of the additional mouse. By following these steps, you can simply resolve HP Laptop Mouse not working.
Why can’t I move HP Laptop Mouse?
Undeniably, HP appears to be a renowned brand, yet there are severe technical glitches such as HP Laptop Mouse not working or HP Laptop not responding. However, you can also resolve it manually by following few important steps. All you need to do is to press the cursor, and if it is not functioning, then you are required to press the relevant keys.
How can I enable my HP Laptop Mouse?
There are certain ways to enable your HP Laptop Mouse. However, there are just a few mere steps that one needs to follow, including you are supposed to click on the start button, and then you must type mouse in the search field. After that, you are required to change the settings of your mouse and then click on the additional mouse options. From the properties, you are supposed to click on the Touchpad tab. Now, uncheck the double tab in order to enable and then disable the Touchpad. At last, you are supposed to click on the Apply button and then click on the ok button. By following these steps, you can simply resolve HP Laptop Mouse not working instantly.
How can I unlock HP Elite book Laptop?
Indeed, HP appears to be one of the renowned and prestigious brands, yet there are different problems associated with it, including HP Laptop Mouse not working or HP Elite book unlocking issue. To resolve it, all you need to do is to follow few important steps, that is, you must find the Touchpad, which is located in the upper-left corner. Check out if the light is on or off. In case it is on then, you must double-tap, and the Touchpad will be instantly unlocked.
Why does my HP Laptop mouse does not respond?
In case there is an issue that you are facing, such as HP Laptop Mouse not working or responding, then all you are supposed to do is to follow few important steps. Once you do follow and then implement the steps, such as changing the HP Touchpad settings, you can simply resolve your issues immediately.