Windows OS users often had to start their day with an error popping up on their screen. Most of them have reported the problem as soon as they try to launch Windows Defender on their Windows 10. The error has caused much disruption to the Windows user, bringing all their work to a halt for hours.
Most of them tried to fix error code 0x800704ec, but all their efforts went in vain!
If you are among them and have struggled to resolve the Windows error code, you are in the right place then!
WHAT IS ERROR CODE 0X800704EC IN WINDOWS?
Windows Error code 0x800704ec is one such error that can disrupt your good start to the day. At first, it might seem to be a piece of cake that a simple restarting would fix. But, with time, it gets even more complicated, landing you into difficulties.
How has error code 0x800704ec greeted you?
You might encounter the Windows Error Code 0x800704EC in two ways. Certain people notice it when attempting to activate Windows Defender. Rather than performing the desired action, the app’s icon is grayed out and becomes unresponsive. Alternatively, if it answers, it returns the Error Code 0x800704EC. Other people see the issue when installing their favorite apps using the Microsoft Store app. The store cannot load; instead, an error notice with the code 0x800704EC pops up.
REASONS AND CAUSES BEHIND ERROR CODE 0X800704EC
Some Windows OS users might be aware of the causes that help this windows error code to aggravate. However, some aren’t aware of the system disruption. They might question what may trigger the Windows Defender error code 0x800704ec. Various factors did not all come from the sky overnight. For a long time, it was there in the system producing the Windows error code 0x800704ec. Mostly, three factors have contributed to this error code:-
- Third-party antivirus software: A third-party antivirus software pre-installed in the computer may result in the popping up of the
- A compromised Group policy: Damaged registry files have accumulated in the system resulting in the error.
The three reasons are the most prevalent ones to generate Windows Defender problem 0x800704ec. However, some latent factors might result in the error code.
TROUBLESHOOT ERROR CODE 0x800704eC WINDOWS DEFENDER TURNING ON ISSUE
The error code Ox800704EeC is often synonymously used with the Windows Defender Turning on Issue. No worries if you are facing this problem. Below is a detailed guide to troubleshooting windows defender turning on the issue:-
- SAY NO TO THIRD PARTY ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM; IF ANY IS INSTALLED IN THE PC:-To comprehend the primary reason, it is necessary to realize that A faulty Windows Defender security mostly triggers error Code 0x800704ec. The problem may be resolved with a few software modifications and, most importantly, by removing third-party antivirus programmers.
- If the preceding procedure does not work for you, you can completely uninstall the third-party antivirus software. There is a universal method for uninstalling antivirus software. Take the actions outlined below.
- Select advanced startup settings for restarting your computer in Safe mode.
- Open Programmes and features and then uninstall.
- There will be no disruption during this operation, and your system will resume normally.
Probably, you will not notice Error code 0x800704ec again.
- Windows Services for Windows Defender must be enabled. Occasionally, Windows Defender services are deactivated following the installation of a third party. Antivirus software. As a result, allowing them becomes necessary to keep such errors at bay.
- Change Registry Editor Values: Changing the Registry Editor for Windows Defender may assist in resolving this 0x800704ec error code If you are not aware of the procedure to make necessary changes keep an eye on the steps below:
- When you press the Windows keys together, the Run dialogue box appears.
- Type “Regedit” in the run dialogue box and hit enter.
- Copy and paste the following address into the Registry Editor window.
- Now, on the left, locate a key labeled “Default” and double-click it to set its value to 0.
- Select OK to close the Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer now.
- Enable Defender in the Editor for Local Group Policies: We discovered that sometimes the primary issue is with the Local Group Policy. If you can alter it, you can resolve your error code concerns. The steps below will guide you through editing the Group Policy.
- The Run dialogue box appears when you press Windows at the same time.
- In the run dialogue box, enter “gpedit.msc”.
- In the administrator window, look for local computer policies.
- You will find Windows Defender Antivirus by scrolling down.
- By clicking on windows defender, you will be presented with all possible options.
- Apply after disabling
- Click OK to complete the process.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What does 0x800704cf mean?
Error code 0x800704cf is the most common error among Windows users, which is caused by the prime culprits of incorrect settings of TCP/IP, malfunctioning Network devices, and using a local user account for logging in. Like other error codes, it makes the system slow and unresponsive, disrupting its normal functioning.
How to fix error 0x800704ec instantly?
If you want to solve the error 0x80074ec in a jiffy, follow the simple steps:-
- Allow the Windows Defender service to run.
- Temporarily deactivate or uninstall third-party antivirus software.
- Utilize the Registry editor.
- Modify the Group Policy settings.
- Improve the system’s performance.
How do I unblock Windows Defender in group policy?
If Group Policy has disabled Windows Defender, you may easily resolve this issue. Modify a few variables in Group Policy, and Windows Defender should resume normal operation.