Before learning how to fix QuickBooks error h202, we need to know what QuickBooks error code h202 means? So, when a workstation fails to access a company file placed on another computer, it results in an error H202 QuickBooks. The company files of QuickBooks are generally placed in server computers with multi-user networks. The error means that the multi-user connection to your server computer used for storing QuickBooks company files is blocked.
How to fix QuickBooks Error Code H202
Before performing the steps to fix QuickBooks error code h202, back up your QBW files; this will ensure that you can go back and restore the original data. While fixing H202 QuickBooks, test the connectivity of the network and check whether the services of QuickBooks are functioning or not. When any internal bugs are giving rise to the error h202 QuickBooks, the repair should be done or modify its company file’s location.
There are many solutions available for resolving the QuickBooks error h202:
Solution 1: Test the network connectivity
If you don’t know the server’s name, then turn on the “network discovery” on the server computer and any workstation receiving the error.
- To open the RUN window, type runs into the windows search bar.
- In the run window, type cmd into the search bar and click Enter.
- Enter [server name] to ping the server’s name from the workstation and press enter.
If it detects a packet loss or gets a slow reply, then the network needs to be repaired.
Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks file doctor tool
QuickBooks file doctor tool is a tool used for resolving and fixing multiple types of QuickBooks errors.
- The first step is to download and install the QuickBooks doctor tool.
- Now, select the company file issues in the QuickBooks tool hub.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the company file.
- Click browse and search to locate the file; if unable to identify the file.
- Click on the check box for the file once it’s finished, and then click on continue.
- Now, enter the QuickBooks admin password and then select the ‘next’ option.
In the end, it should be noted that the scan time depends on the size of the file.
Solution 3: Installation of QuickBooks database server manager.
- Open the ‘window start menu’ on your server.
- Now, type ‘Database’ in the search field.
- Next, choose the QuickBooks database server manager and find the folder that contains the company’s files.
- Now, click on the ‘start scan’ button.
- Click on the ‘close’ button after scanning and move to the ‘file menu’.
- Choose ‘switch to QuickBooks multi-user mode.’
Solution 4: Make sure that the QuickBooks services are running.
It can be initiated that QuickBooks multi-user mode error if the server is the full version of QuickBooks.
- While on the server, Open QuickBooks.
- After selecting the file, select utilities.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, select the host multi-user access.
- For checking the status of QBCFMoniterservice and QuickBooks DBXX, activate the run window, and in the next area, type service.msc and press are okay.
- Now, choose QuickBooksDBXX and find whether the start-up is automatic or manual.
- Now, select recovery from the recovery tab.
- Choose to restart the service of all failures from the drop-down boxes for the first, second, and subsequent failures.
- Click on ‘apply’ and then click on the ‘OK’ button. And complete all the actions listed above for the QBFCMonitor service.
Solution 5: Add your server to the Windows hosts file.
- Close all the QuickBooks Windows.
- Browse any of the following paths to open the Windows host’s file:
- Double-click the host file.
- Choose Notepad when prompted with ‘how do you want to open this file.
There are many more solutions for fixing QuickBooks error code h202:
- Add the services QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorservice to the admin group.
- Creating a new folder for the QuickBooks company file.
- Installing the Diagnostic tool by using QuickBooks.
- Setup the system firewall.
- What causes QuickBooks error h202?
When QuickBooks Desktop is trying to establish a connection with the company file but is unable to execute it successfully, then an error usually occurs due to the reasons such as some damage or a corrupted company file; you may have made some changes in the DNS setting which is not acceptable, incorrect setting of hosting either on the workstation or on the server or when the QuickBooks database server manager is not running on Windows PC.
- What are the symptoms of QuickBooks error code h202?
A few symptoms of QuickBooks of error code h202 are as follows:
- The whole system becomes inactive.
- It is not possible to open the company file on another computer.
- You are not able to switch to multi-user mode.
- QuickBooks has slowed down and occasionally freezes for a few seconds while working.
- When the message of QuickBooks Error code appears on the computer screen.
- What else can be done?
Even after trying all the solutions provided, if you fail. Then, you can contact the QuickBooks customer support team for help. But if you suspect that the company file is corrupted or severely damaged, using stellar repair for QuickBooks software can help. Also, the software helps to remove all the errors from the QBW file and QuickBooks Application.
- What is the source of QuickBooks error code h202?
The following list contains all the possible sources of error:
- The QuickBooks firewall was not properly configured.
- H202 is for QuickBooks.
- When the QuickBooks services are not responding.
- If the server has a corrupted QuickBooks installation.
- What does QuickBooks error h202 represent?
QuickBooks error code h202 appears while attempting to connect to a company file in QuickBooks Desktop and is not able to communicate with the server.
How to fix Quickbooks Error Code 3371 Status Code 11118?