TurboTax is the USA-originated tax filing software with an extremely good user interface. It is software that is continuously getting better with nice user-friendly updates and limiting their bugs every year. However, many instances occur often where the users are limited to access the various features called Turbo Tax error 65535.
Now let us understand what exactly is turbo tax error is and how we can correct this error. The turbo tax error code 65535 may occur due to various reasons, firstly, if the user has installed corrupted software or because of an incomplete installation. It might also happen if there is a presence of viruses in the system. Besides this, the user might come across a sudden drop in the user’s system performance with unexpected shutdown and the CPU getting slow.
HOW TO FIX TURBOTAX ERROR CODE 65535?
Resolving TurboTax Error 65535 on Windows 7
- On your Windows 7 device, the user needs to log in as an admin or should have administrative privileges.
- The user needs to disable all the security features as well as take the online backup of data.
- The user needs to open the setup file of TurboTax and try installing the software by following the instructions given on the screen
- The user needs to remove all the corrupted files and Windows registries from the system.
Resolving TurboTax Error 65535 on Windows 8
- The user has to press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc buttons together to open the Task Manager.
- Click on the “More Details” option right at the bottom of the page.
- Then, Click on the “Service” tab.
- If the user notices that the MIS server status is running, then the user needs to wait until Windows 8 installs another program or file.
- Once the installation completes, re-install or install TurboTax on your system.
Some Alternative Techniques to Fix TurboTax Error.
Use Windows Task Manager
One of the most effective solutions to resolve the error 65535 of TurboTax is using the Windows Task Manager. It helps you in finding out certain services that are the major reasons for the instability of TurboTax software. Follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve the issue through Task Manager:
- The user has to open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together.
- Click on the “More Details” option to expand Task Manager.
- In the Processes tab of Task Manager, search for the MSIexec.exe entry from the list.
- Right-click on MSIexec.exe and select the End Task option from the context menu.
- Locate all the msiexec.exe from the Processes tab and click on the End Task option.
- Now, try installing TurboTax from the CD or the installation file located on your PC.
Install the Update Manually
In case the user is facing issues with TurboTax updates that don’t install, and they are continuously encountering the 65535 TurboTax error, then it is better to try the download manually. All that needs to be done is to download the necessary files for the tool from the official site of TurboTax.
- Close TurboTax and other running programs, apart from the web browser, which is required to download the update.
- Download the manual update file while ensuring the correct year.
- Save the downloaded file to your computer.
Follow these steps to fix TurboTax error code 65535 issues. The software is solid. Use it right, and it will be helpful for you.