Yahoo mail users enjoy daily uninterrupted services. But like all other mail services, Yahoo users also face some problems. It can be very irritating if you face issues at times of need. Users often ask why they can’t log in to yahoo mail account. The question ‘how do I fix Yahoo mail problems’ is very common these days.
These are some common problems that Yahoo users are facing these days:
- Yahoo mail signing in problems.
- Yahoo mail is not responding while accessing it.
- Problems logging into Yahoo Mail.
- Next, Yahoo mail server problems.
- Have forgotten my password.
- Yahoo mail login process gets into ‘freeze’ mode.
- The username is incorrect or inappropriate.
- Yahoo accounts do not give any response when trying to log in.
- Yahoo mail not working on Chrome.
- Yahoo mail not working on Computer.
- Yahoo mail website not working.
These are some basic problems with Yahoo mail that you experience when you sign in to your Yahoo Mail. Don’t worry! If you don’t have any idea to make them annihilate. You will obtain a comprehensive guide to fix the Yahoo mail login error in the most convenient way only here. Hence, keep on reading this post. There can be a lot of reasons that might be causing a login problem. Login problems can come from a variety of sources, from both the user side and the platform itself. If you cannot sign in to your email account, it’s possible the service is down or that you made an unintentional mistake with your login information. If you know the underlying reasons for the error, it becomes easier to fix the issue. In this article, we will discuss in detail, each of these causes and the respective troubleshooting methods.
There are many reasons why you are facing Yahoo mail login problems. Some of the most common reasons are as follows:
- Yahoo mail problems occur due to server down issues.
- Using an older version of the browser.
- Typing in an incorrect username and password to access your Yahoo account.
- Slow Internet speed or unreliable network connection.
- Presence of cache and cookies of the browser.
- Your Yahoo account is hacked by an intruder.
Now that we are aware of the root causes of such issues, we can head towards the possible resolutions.
Here, we have first enlisted some general troubleshooting methods and then we have moved on to specific devices and operating systems.
- Check the status of Yahoo Mail. It can be the case of yahoo mail website not working. If the platform is down everywhere, nobody can sign in and there are reports on some sites such as ‘It is down right now’ or ‘problems with Yahoo mail today’. Likewise, check or contact @YahooMail on Twitter to see if anyone else reported a problem. If Yahoo Mail is down, wait and check back until the status changes.
- Yahoo mail passwords are case-sensitive. Whenever you are typing in a password, make sure you have kept off the Caps lock key. If it was on, turn it off and log in again. Yahoo provides a special feature for its users. Yahoo displays an emblem in the password field that shows if Caps Lock mode is active.
- Make sure that your password is correct. If you enter your password manually each time you sign in to Yahoo, you could be making typing mistakes. Select the eye-shaped icon in the password field to see what you’re typing.
- Give a fresh start if none of your previous passwords work when you want to log in to your account. In such a case, reset the password of your Yahoo mail account for resolving Yahoo mail signing in problems.
- If you can’t log in with the email-specific page, log in through the main Yahoo.com site.
- Provide your email address or phone number to receive a verification code for your account to recover.
- Account recovery information should be kept updated regularly
You can also opt for the two-step verification process for recovery as by doing this, your account will be more secure and safe.
- There are times when the browser is having its issues. In that case, quit the current browser and restart it. Rebooting a browser may solve your issue.
- The browser cookies and cached data take up a lot of storage. This information gets accumulated and affects the browser’s functionality. Make sure to clear the cache data and other cookies that take up unnecessary storage of your device.
- Programs don’t necessarily handle opening the same site in the same manner always. Yahoo might have made some changes behind the scenes that make it function better on some browsers than others. So, it is a smart move to try a different browser for Yahoo sign-in problems.
- The Account Key feature lets you authorize a Yahoo sign-in on your phone instead of entering a password. If your password doesn’t work on the web, activate a key to bypass it. If you have trouble getting the phone request to work, turn it off and see if your password works.
- After too many unsuccessful attempts of the Yahoo sign-in process, your account may get automatically locked. So, you should wait for at least 12 hours from the time of locking as the account is become unlocked automatically after 12 hours. But if you use Sign-in Helper, you can always regain access to your Yahoo mail in an instant.
- If you somehow notice that your Yahoo account has been hacked or someone is illegally accessing your account, then you need to protect your Yahoo mail account against intruders immediately. In case, your password has been changed by them and you are facing problems accessing Yahoo mail. Then in that situation, you simply need to use Sign-in Helper proffered by Yahoo to highly secure your account.
- When you cannot enter your account through a regular browser, try logging in with an incognito browser
It is important to know about the login hacks for different devices. Let us take a look at the procedures for different devices as well as different operating systems.
Problems with yahoo mail on Android
- Ensure that you are connected to a strong internet connection.
- Remove cache and cookies from the browser.
- Disabling the Yahoo account key also solves this problem.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Yahoo mail app on your Android device.
Yahoo mail not working on Computer
- Ensure that your network connectivity is stable.
- Make sure you have typed in the correct username and password to access your Yahoo mail account.
- Try to use a compatible browser to access your account.
- Although if you are accessing your Yahoo account from a different place, then type the Account key.
- It is important to keep your recovery information updated.
- Delete your browser’s history and again log in to your Yahoo account.
Yahoo mail problems on iPhone
- Verify whether your Yahoo mail app is working on other devices or not.
- Update your iOS operating system to the latest version.
- Delete your Yahoo mail from the iOS mail.
- Now add it again with the help of IMAP.
Yahoo mail problems on iPad
- On your iPad, open the Safari browser and visit the official site of Yahoo.
- Select the Sign-in option and then click on Account Info.
- Under Account Info, choose the Account Security option.
- Turn on the “Allow apps that use less secure sign-in” option. This is how you can eliminate the Yahoo sign-in problems.
Yahoo Mail not working on Chrome
- Firstly, you have to restore the Chrome browser to default settings. To do so, open Chrome and then click on More >> Settings >> Advanced. Go to the Reset Settings tab and hit the Restore Settings option.
- Now, turn off the extension in your Chrome browser. For this, click on Settings. After that, choose the Extension option and disable it.
- At last, if you are using an older version of the browser, then update it. Install the latest version of the browser and restart it on your system.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Why won’t Yahoo let me log in through Google Chrome?
Try the following steps as mentioned to get your issue resolved:
- Clear all the cache and cookies from your device.
- Update the chrome browser to its latest version.
- Remove the yahoo URL from the bookmarks.
- Delete the extension.
- Uninstall the current chrome browser and reinstall a new one.
2. How do I reset the Yahoo mail password to log in?
Go to mail.yahoo.com. Type in your yahoo email address and then click on the Next button. Click on Forgot Password. You’ll be taken to a screen with your current options to recover your account. You will see the last four numbers of each phone number you provided as well as any email addresses that have been partially encrypted for your security. You can choose one of these options if you don’t have access to any of those recovery emails or phone numbers listed. Select the method that you currently have access to and you’ll be sent a security code to enter. Type it in or copy and paste. You will be prompted to select a new password. Clicking continue will prompt you to update any needed information.
3. How to fix Yahoo Mail login problem on Android?
To fix Yahoo Mail login problem on Android, you are supposed to follow and apply few important instructions. First of all, you must update your device’s operating system to the latest version, now clear your app data and cache. Now, force stop and then restart the app. After that you must uninstall and then reinstall the app.
Some general tips:
- It’s best to sign in regularly to your yahoo mail account so that you don’t forget your password and so that you can update your recovery information. Procrastination is rarely your friend in situations like this.
- If you haven’t signed into your Yahoo account for more than 12 months, your mailbox will be deactivated and all messages deleted, although your email address will remain in Yahoo’s system.
- If your inbox was deactivated, you’ll still be able to recover your account but your inbox will have to be recreated.
- If you are having trouble or no longer have access to any of your recovery options, then this is the only time that nothing can be done and it’s recommended that you sign up for a new Yahoo account.