Yahoo is one of the most popular and familiar platforms for users all over the world. It provides a wide variety of beneficiary features and a user-friendly interface. You can access their service on any platform of your choice, and that includes Android, iOS, Windows, etc. But like all other platforms, it also comes with technical glitches. Users often complain about ‘Yahoo mail not syncing‘ problems. Sometimes while using these services, you face some common issues. Issues like Yahoo Mail sync errors on Android App or iOS usually occur frequently. It can be very bothersome if you cannot sync your mail at times of urgency. It can be a big problem if your Yahoo Mail inbox stops working as it should.it can be a big problem if your Yahoo Mail inbox stops working as it should. There are multiple reasons that might be causing such an issue. We will discuss all possible troubleshooting methods in this article. But before we jump on resolving the issue, it is better to look at the underlying reasons for such issues.
These are some of the very common reasons that might be causing the Yahoo mail not syncing issue.
- You are using an outdated version of the Yahoo Mail app
- Yahoo Mail sync is somehow kept in turned-off mode.
- Incorrect server settings can also lead to Yahoo mail not syncing.
- Improper or incorrect installation can also cause this issue.
- Cache memory and cookies often hamper the smooth working.
- Browser history or outdated browser configuration may also cause Yahoo mail not syncing issues.
- Outdated operating system often results in such type of malfunctions.
Now that we know the main reasons behind the occurrence of such errors, it will be easier for us to resolve the problem effectively and smartly. The Yahoo mail not syncing problem should be dealt with differently for different devices as well as different operating systems.
Yahoo Mail Not Syncing on Desktop:
If you are having Yahoo mail not syncing problems on your desktop, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Make sure you check the Yahoo mail server status before troubleshooting.
- Yahoo needs correct email settings to configure and sync it on your desktop.
- Try to solve the Yahoo mail not syncing problem by disabling security programs. Disable antivirus, Firewall, or Defender as they can interfere with Yahoo.
- Remove your Yahoo mail account and re-add your Yahoo mail account.
Yahoo mail not syncing on Android:
To resolve the Yahoo mail not syncing issue on Android, follow these troubleshooting methods.
- Check if the Yahoo Mail app you are using is updated to its latest version. An outdated application will result in issues like Yahoo Mail not syncing in the case of Android.
- Clear the cache and app data from your Android device. This will clear the sign-in data, settings, and also the temporary files which further can resolve the syncing issue.
- Force quit the Yahoo Mail app on your Android device and then re-launch it. Once the active memory of the app is refreshed, you can check if the syncing issue is resolved.
- Uninstall the Yahoo Mail app and then reinstall it.
Yahoo mail not syncing on iPhone:
Resolving the iPhone Yahoo Mail not syncing on iPhone is more or less similar to what we discussed for Android devices. Follow these steps for such issues:
- Check if your iPhone is connected to the internet either via Wi-Fi or through cellular data.
- Turn on LTE if you are using cellular data.
- If the problem still persists on your iPhone, delete and re-add your Yahoo Mail account.
How to delete your Yahoo Mail account on iPhone
- Tap on Settings on your iPhone
- Go to the Accounts & Passwords option.
- Tap on your Yahoo Email account
- Select the “Delete/remove Account” option.
How to re-add your Yahoo Mail account
- Tap on Settings and select the “Accounts & Passwords” option.
- Tap on “Add Account” and select Yahoo Mail.
- Enter your Yahoo email address and the password in the required fields.
- Tap on Sign-in.
Yahoo Mail Not syncing on iPad:
The troubleshooting methods for Yahoo mail not syncing on iPad case are quite similar to that for an iPhone. Ensure that the device is connected to the internet. Also, ensure that the Yahoo Mail app you are using on the iPad is of the latest version. Now follow the steps mentioned below:
- On your iPad, tap on Settings and scroll down the page to resolve the issue, iPad not syncing Yahoo Mail.
- Locate “Mail, Contacts, and Calendars” and select it.
- Tap on “Add Account” and select the Yahoo option from the list.
- Type in your name, Yahoo email address, password, and an account description.
- Tap on Next and toggle the “Mail” option to “On”.
- Tap on “Save” to save the changes.
Yahoo Mail Not Syncing on Mac:
IN this case, first, check if Yahoo mail is working independently. Log into your Yahoo Mail account and check if you can send an email to yourself. If you have sent the email, click on Apple Mail and check if you have received the email within five minutes. If there’s a delay and you didn’t receive the email, then execute the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of Mac. This will eliminate the risk of encountering the issue, of Mac not syncing Yahoo Mail.
- Now, on your Mac, open the Mail application.
- Click on the Mail tab at the top menu.
- Click on “Preferences” from the list of options.
- Select Yahoo Email Account.
- Click on the Dash at the bottom of the page.
- Click on OK and confirm the deletion of your Yahoo Mail account.
- Add your Yahoo Mail account after deleting it. Check if the Yahoo Mail not syncing on Mac is resolved.
Yahoo mail not syncing on Chrome:
If you face Yahoo mail not syncing on Chrome, you can try the following fixes. If you signed out of a Google service, such as Gmail, Chrome will pause sync. To turn sync back on, sign in to your Google Account:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click Paused and then Sign in again.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
If sync turns off every time that you close Chrome, you can change your settings.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More and then click on Settings.
- Click Privacy and security and then Cookies and other site data.
- Turn off Clear cookies and site data when you quit Chrome.
Yahoo mail not syncing on Firefox:
When you face the yahoo mail not syncing on Firefox, you have to understand that there are some compatibility issues. You can try the following fixes:
- Try to open the Firefox Safe mode. It is a troubleshooting mode that disables extensions, stops the hardware accelerations, and reset the settings.
- Click on the menu.
- Select the Help option.
- Select the Restart with add-ons disabled.
- Clear cache from your firefox browser. To do this, Select Menu>Options>Privacy and Security>Cookies and Site data>Clear data>Cached web content>Cookies and Site data>Clear.
- Make sure you are using the updated version of the Firefox browser.
- Restarting is an effective way to get rid of Yahoo mail not syncing problems. Restart your device to improve the speed of your device.
- Extensions are meant to enhance the user’s convenience but sometimes, disabling them is the only option left to resolve Yahoo mail not syncing issue. To disable the extensions, go to Menu>Add-on>Extensions>Blue color switch to disable.
- The security programs on your device such as antivirus and firewall programs cause the yahoo mail not syncing problem. In that case, turn ff the security programs temporarily and see if the issue is resolved.
- You can try syncing your Yahoo mail from other devices or other browsers to check if the issue is with the browser or with your device itself.
- Reset your browser settings. To do this, Go to Help>troubleshooting information>Refresh and Reset>Refresh Firefox> Restart.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What causes Yahoo mail sync error on Android?
There can be a gamut of reasons to cause the Yahoo Mail sync issues. Another thing is that this can occur on any of your devices, whether you use Windows or Android. It is true that Yahoo Mail sync erroron Android is also quite common. We have listed some of the main and common reasons to cause the yahoo mail not syncing problem; check out below.
- Outdated version
- Sync is OFF
- Wrong server settings
- Improper installation
- Cache memory.
- Outdated operating system
How do I fix Yahoo Mail Sync Error on iOS?
The approach to fix the issue in iOS devices is also almost similar to what we did in Android. Below we mentioned some methods to get rid of this; check out the solutions for Yahoo Mail not syncing on iOS devices.
- Check the Wifi connection. Go to the settings and then click on the Wifi option; here, check for the stable connection and connected status.
- Enable LTE if you are using mobile data; this will help to get internet connectivity.
How do I fix the Yahoo mail sync error for Android devices?
The sync error can lead to restriction of various services like Yahoo mail not receiving emails, problems in updating contacts, issues in sending emails, etc. These are some consequences of the Yahoo Mail sync error Android. Now, what you should do to fix the Yahoo Mail sync error on Android App. Below we have enlisted some of the quick and easy solutions to resolve the issue, follow the steps as instructed.
- Check the functionality of the app, the application functions properly with an updated operating system. So try to use the updated operating system before heading to any other solution.
- If this doesn’t help, then clear the cache and app data; this will clear the log-in data, settings, and temporary files. It eventually helps to resolve the issue.
- Another approach you can follow is to force stop the application and then restart it. This will help to refresh the active memory of the app.
- Reinstall the application. This is one of the simplest approaches that you can follow. This will help to fix any corrupt files and resume the workflow.
These are some of the simplest approaches that you can follow to avoid or fix the Yahoo Mail not syncing error on Android.
The yahoo mail not syncing issue is a very common and familiar one. You can resolve it on your own with the help of the fixes as provided above. there is nothing satisfactory as to be able to solve your own technical glitches. Sometimes, resolving these issues goes out of our hands. in that case we can rely on support from technical experts. For any further queries or issues, you can directly ask for help and assistance from the official website of Yahoo. Users can contact them via a phone number or their official email ID.