Quickbooks is a crucial application for every small business. It handles your accounting, finance and bookkeeping. With your accounting data organized on the cloud, you can easily track, create and send invoices, sales, and know precisely how your business is doing at a given point of time. Every small business owner should install Quickbooks since it is not only easy to use, but also eliminates the need for a finance expert. Managing your business has never been easier.
What you will need to set up Quickbooks?
- Company name, phone number, address, email address and such information
- Business structure (DBA,C corp, S Corp etc) and Tax ID
- Cash basis or Accrual based accounting
- Bank account numbers and statements
- Credit card statements and account numbers
- All previous tax forms such as Federal, State, Local, Sales taxes, Payroll taxes)
- All tax account numbers
- State and local tax percentage and taxing entity name for payments
- Logo of the company and if they want it on their invoice statements
- Chart of all the account names used for income, expenses, assets and equity which includes the owner’s
- Payment terms for clients and customers
- Existing vendors and all contact info and available payment terms.
- Existing customers and clients names, address, phone numbers, emails.
- Information that you want on their invoices to customers
- All the business locations and if they bill differently such as a different state with different sales taxes and taxing entities.
So go ahead and install quickbooks to make financing more simple. Now that you are prepared to install Quickbooks, read further.
How to install Quickbooks on Desktop?
If you want to learn how to install Quickbooks on Desktop you must abide by the steps mentioned below.
Prepare for the install-
Download the latest version of Quickbooks and save the file where you can effortlessly find it. Have your product and license number handy so that it becomes easier when you have to enter the data in order to install quickbooks on desktop.
Install Quickbooks Desktop-
Open the file named as “QuickBooks.exe.” and follow the instructions showing at the screen. Now, accept the software license agreement and click on ‘Next’. Then, enter your product and license numbers and select ‘Next’.
Activate QuickBooks Desktop
After you install, Quickbooks will ask permission to activate and update the application. Grant the permission and then you’re good to go.
That’s all you need to know to install Quickbooks Desktop so go ahead and make accounting hassle free.
How to install Quickbooks on Windows 10?
As you might know, while trying to install Quickbooks on Windows 10, it tries to install Flash Player 10 and Windows 10 simply rejects or prevents Flash Player 10 from being installed. Below shared is the method to cover that issue:
- Run the installer file that you have downloaded (Quickbooks.exe)
- Follow the instructions shown on the screen.
- Accept the software license agreement.
- Select Next
- Enter your license number and product
- Click on next
- Select Express then click on Next
- Select install and wait for a few minutes
- Once the installation is complete, open Quickbooks and get started.
After installing Quickbooks Desktop make sure to activate it before you run the program. You can do so easily by giving out permissions, accepting the terms and conditions and also accepting the terms for license agreement.
If you’re using a device with Mac OS you must make sure that the version you’re downloading will run on your OS
How to install Quickbooks on Mac?
Installing Quickbooks on Mac is definitely not a piece of cake. There are certain rules and regulations that you have to follow before Quickbooks software download .
Here are the steps and precautions you need to follow:
- Make sure that your Quickbooks version runs on Mac. Check the minimum requirements for your Mac to make sure that you may install Quickbooks Desktop.
- Find your license and product number:
(i) If you downloaded a digital copy- The email confirmation should contain the product number and license number.
(ii) If you bought a solid copy- Search for the scratch off label on the package and scratch it off to find your license and product number.
- Download and install Quickbooks Desktop for Mac. If you can’t download the installer then you might need ro clear your browser’s cache and cookies. If that also doesn’t help, try using a different browser. Close all applications and open the installer or insert into the Mac CD drive. The Quickbook installation window will open on its own. Now, drag the Quickbooks icon to the Applications folder which opens automatically. Select the quickbooks icon to open the application.
- Upgrade or Convert your company folder. If you have upgraded from a previous version you may need to update your company file to work on the new version. For that, open your company file in the new version and select upgrade in case when quickbooks prompts you to update or convert the company file. If you receive a prompt message, select OK. Check your balances, account and reports in order to ensure the correct company file has been converted.
- Set up multi user mode (if required)
And that’s how to install Quickbooks desktop on your Mac.
Now let’s learn Quickbooks pro 2022 download without a CD drive.
How to install Quickbooks without a CD drive?
- Navigate through Download Quickbooks Products on their official website.
- Click the link under Quickbooks Products that applies to your device.
- Save the installation program to a file on your hard drive if prompted. Double click the file to install it once the download is finished. The file should be saved on your device by the name “Quickbooks.exe.”
- Follow the manual on screen to install your Quickbooks file. Select a location for your file and enter your product and license number. Agree to the terms and conditions in order to complete the installation process of Quickbooks and you’re good to go. Your installation has been completed.
- After installing Quickbooks desktop, you have to activate it using the process mentioned above i.e. by giving out permissions, accepting the terms and conditions and also accepting the terms for license agreement.
You can easily use this same process for installing quickbooks on new computer as well.
If you’re one of those wondering “Can I move Quickbooks to another computer?” and if so, how do I move Quickbooks software to a new computer, keep reading as this blog has got your back.
How to move quickbooks to another computer?
This subheading/part not only covers move to or reinstall Quickbooks desktop in another computer, but also how you can move Quickbooks license to new computer.
If you have ever had to upgrade your computer, you can easily move quickbooks to the new one by using a disk drive. all you have to do is cut the application from your old computer and paste it into a file on the hard drive. Then, from the hard drive, you can easily transfer it to the new computer using the drag and drop method. If you do not have access to a hard drive you have to reinstall quickbooks on your new computer. Now, on your old computer, access the File menu then click on Utilities.
Now hit Move Quickbooks to another computer. Choose the I’m ready option and create an otp (one time password). Follow the instructions on-screen to choose USB flash drive that you want to you and wait for the files to be copied. On your new computer, insert the USB flash drive.The. the migration tool will not open automatically due to windows security restrictions but you need not worry. Access the flash drive to view its files and double click on the file named as “Move_Quickbooks.bat” to launch the migrator. Now, fill in the OTP you had created and hit Let’s Go. Now all you have to do is wait for the migration tool to finish and then activate the program.
Can I install Quickbooks on more than one computer?
In case you have purchased a single-user license for an edition of Quickbooks, you can only use it on two computers since your license entitles you to install the software on a total of two computers, that too only if you own both the systems. These two installations will enable you to work at your office using one system and continue the work at your home on the other.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What can you use Quickbooks for?
You can use quick for the following for certain tasks such as:
- Creating estimates and invoices for your company
- Tracking sales and inflow and outflow of cash
- Managing customers and suppliers for your company
- Monitoring the tax for you company and making tax returns much easier than by using the traditional method.
- Understanding your company’s performance on a daily, weekly, monthly or annual basis.
- Planning ahead of time and budgeting beforehand.
- What extra facilities will I get if I use Quickbooks on cloud?
If you have backed up Quickbooks to cloud, there’s no need to install any other software. You can easily access Quickbooks online straight from your internet browser on any computer or web enabled device whenever and wherever. Accounting has never been easier.
- What are the basic requirements for Quickbooks online?
- On Desktop (Windows)- A Windows PC with at least 1 GHz computer with256MB of RAM running Windows XP or later
- On Apple Mac: Intel based Mac OS X 10.5 higher
- Latest version of browser, like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome or in case of Mac, Safari.
- High speed internet connection
What should I keep in mind before (or during) Associating with Quickbooks
- The first thing to keep in mind is that quickbooks in not supported on Linux, including Fedora and Ubuntu
- The second thing is that Quickbooks online works best with a fast broadband internet connection.
- What all is included in the “Essentials” plan?
This plan is designed for running your business smoothly. If you buy this plan it will cover the following:
- Track Income and Expenses
- Send custom invoices and quotes
- Connect your Bank
- Track VAT
- Insights and reports
- Manage employees
- For three users, plus your accountant
What all is included in the “Plus” plan?
This plan is made for growing your business. If you subscribe to this plan it will cover the following:
- Track Income and Expenses
- Send Custom Invoices and Quotes
- Connect your Bank
- Track VAT
- Insights and reports
- Manage employees
- Recurring transactions
- Track inventory
- Track projects and locations
- Manage budgets
- For five users, plus your accountant.
- How much do the subscriptions cost?
The “Essentials” plan costs about €7.05/month while the “Plus” plan costs about €32/month.
- Is there any free trial for quickbooks?
Absolutely! There is a 30-day free trial for both the “Essentials” plan and the “Plus” plan.
- What extra benefits will I receive?
If you subscribe to either of the plans, you will receive the following benefits:
- Free iPhone and Android Apps: At home, in the office or on the go- carry your business anywhere
- Free support: The support team is always ready and waiting to help online and on the phone.
- Secure cloud storage: Includes Bank-level security which keeps your data stored safely in the cloud without taking up any space on your device.
- Accountant Access: Invite your accountant or bookkeeper to share your books.
- Reports and dashboard: See how your business is doing with customisable reports and insights.
- Unlimited invoices: Send unlimited invoices and let nothing stand between tou and your money.
You’re still here? What are you waiting for? Hurry up and subscribe to quickbooks and take your business and accounts anywhere, anytime. Get hassle free accounting right in your hands.
Related Quickbooks post: How to Fix QuickBooks not Responding?