Antivirus software as the name goes, do their job well by detecting and checking any possible virus attack on your computer. But it too can be daunting because of the pop ups in the screen quite frequently. These pop notifications can be of a subscription expiry or a virus alert every now and then.
Most Windows users have reported inconvenience towards these pop up notifications that put a halt to their work. Remove McAfee notifications has become the need of the hour. Although most people have found this antivirus software trustworthy, some have been eager to know “how to remove McAfee notifications?”
You may constantly be notified that your membership has expired if your Windows computer comes preloaded with McAfee. This is how you may get rid of these bothersome notifications. You probably want to know how to minimize the number of times these advertising and alerts appear on your screen. As a last resort, it is imperative to know “how to remove McAfee notifications?”
The quick fixes have been extremely helpful to remove McAfee notifications popping now and then on the screen:-
- The McAfee Web Advisor Extension should be removed. McAfee’s “McAfee Web Advisor” browser extension is compatible with all three major browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and IE. When you’re browsing the Internet, this extension will alert you to the dangers of weak passwords and risky downloads every time you download anything from the internet that you possibly do not want to encounter.
o Uninstall this extension due to its apparent inutility. Downloads will be scanned by your default antivirus programme regardless of whether you have this extension installed.
o Additionally, deleting this add-on may prevent certain McAfee pop-ups from appearing.
- McAfee Web Advisor may be removed to keep notifications out of place. These simple steps will help remove the McAfee Web advisor.McAfee Web advisor has been replace by McAfee Site advisor which informs the computer of a possible malware attack every time you switch from one website to the other.
- Click the menu in Google Chrome and choose More Tools > Extensions from the list. Remove McAfee Web Advisor by clicking the trash bin in the upper right-hand corner of your browser.
- Select “Add-ons” from the menu in Mozilla Firefox. Remove this add-on by clicking the “Disable” button.
- Select “Add-ons” from the Internet Explorer menu. Then remove it from your browser.
- Turn off McAfee’s alerting system. McAfee’s security system relies on alarms, but not all of them are critical, and you may choose to ignore or block certain types. You may accomplish this by following the procedures outlined below:
o Open the McAfee software.
o In the McAfee window’s right pane, choose “Navigation.” Then, under “Settings,” select “General Settings and Alerts.”
o If you don’t want to receive certain sorts of alerts, uncheck the boxes under “Informational Alerts” and “Protection Alerts.
- Pop-ups associated with your subscription will remain after using this approach. The good news is that McAfee utilizes Windows Notification for all of its pop-ups, so you can simply change the Windows notification settings to hide all McAfee alerts from appearing. The following post may be of interest to you:
- Remove Firewall Prompts by hiding them. When an application wants to connect to the Internet, McAfee’s built-in firewall asks for your permission. McAfee’s firewall settings allow you to prevent these popup from appearing. Here is a step-by-step instruction manual
- To return to the McAfee home screen, click the “Home” link on the right side of the window.
- Firewall may be found under Security Management > Web and Email Protection.
- Enable Smart Advice and set it to “Decide automatically” in the “Advanced Settings” section.
- Disabling McAfee antivirus software can help get rid of notifications. McAfee is sometimes pre-installed on new PCs as a time-limited trial edition. You see right away that your McAfee antivirus membership has expired and that you need to purchase a new one. In such cases, McAfee may be uninstalled in favor of a free antivirus product like Windows Defender or another reputable free option if that is all you need.
However, it is next to impossible to wholly remove McAfee notifications on a jiffy. It is true that only a part can be removed. These six quick fixes will help to keep some notifications and pop up away.
For a short period of time, several PC makers provide a trial version of McAfee with their new PCs. You see right away that your McAfee antivirus membership has expired and that you need to purchase a new one. McAfee and other anti-virus companies pay PC makers to include their software on new computers so that they may advertise to their clients.
Instead of paying, go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program and remove the bundled app on McAfee programme. More effective anti-virus software may then be installed, some of which are free, or you can just use Windows Defender, the antivirus software that comes pre-installed with Windows 10.
Despite all these it would be futile to overlook the utility of McAfee antivirus wholly. It is thriving to be quite beneficial to some and have been successful in the maintaining the health of the computer system by keep a check on possible virus and malware attack. However,it is too prone to malfunctions. McAfee antivirus not working can possibly occur because of:-
- Your system may be infected with a virus or other malicious software.
- It is possible that you have corrupt or damaged files.
- Security Center’s battery check functionality may be malfunctioning.
All these have made users anxious about “How to fix McAfee antivirus not working?” Uninstall and reinstall your McAfee programme to remedy this problem. As a result of this step, your McAfee programme will now open properly once the damaged files have been replaced with good versions. Although McAfee antivirus is not without problems it is not without benefit as well.