Gmail is a renowned email service provider with a 1.5 billion user base proving to be the largest webmail service provider in the all-round the globe. Gmail is usually loved because of its simple UI and strong security features. It is basically a webmail service so you could access your account on any device with a valid internet connection, but outlook is an email client program which stores the email from your server to your computer and can be accessed without any internet connection. But sometimes when you are in a move it gets difficult to carry all your setup, so it is a fairly better option to transfer outlook emails to Gmail and view it anywhere with an internet connection.
If you ask, how to transfer emails from outlook to gmail?
Below we will explore some methods by which you can export outlook emails to gmail from various devices like iPhone, iPad, android device, or desktops and syncing it into your Gmail account without worrying any further
If you are using a desktop and wondering how can I move emails from Outlook to Gmail through my desktop. So, buckle up here are some steps you can follow to get your job done within minutes. All you need to do is, follow the below mentioned steps correctly
- Open any browser preferably chrome and login to your Gmail account
- In your Gmail account page visit settings (gear shaped icon present on the upper right corner of the page)
- Tap settings, In the latest Gmail version click on select all settings
- Select accounts and import page on the top
- Now visit import mail and contact’s section
- Once you click on that, a new window appears asking what account you want to import from?
- Type in your outlook mail address and click on continue
- Click on continue again in the other window
- Now you need to confirm permissions from Gmail to access your outlook account
- Review the terms and conditions and click on yes.
- Close the authentication successful screen
- In the new window labelled step 2 select import mail option
- Click on start import option and, then on ok.
- The import process may run automatically in the background and takes time according to the amount of mail you want to transfer.
Follow the above steps carefully and you have successfully transferred your outlook email mails to Gmail.
If you were in an urge to learn how to export outlook emails to your Gmail account on your android device. Don’t worry we got you covered. Just follow the steps mentioned below for an easy addition of your outlook email to Gmail within minutes.
- On your android phone or tablet visit the Gmail application
- Click on your profile picture on the top right corner of the app
- Click on add another account
- Now you need to choose the type of account you want to add
- If you want to choose Outlook Select outlook, Hotmail and liv
- In the new window type in your outlook email address
- Click on next and follow the instructions your account will get setup
And this is how you could add your outlook emails to your Gmail account using your android device and sync all the mail.
(On iPhone or I pad)
If you are using an iPhone or iPad but want your Gmail to export emails from Outlook just follow the procedure below and get your outlook connected to your Gmail account easily. All you have do is follow the steps carefully
- Visit and open your Gmail app on your I phone
- Tap on your profile on the top right corner of your app.
- Tap on the use another account option
- In the new window select Outlook, Hotmail and live
- Enter your outlook email address and click on next option provided.
- Enter your password
- Follow the onscreen instructions and your account will be added
Now you can sync in all your emails from outlook to your Gmail account easily.
(On Windows 7,8,10)
Since Google has not provided any official mail application software particularly for Gmail on windows operating system, you can use any browser, preferably chrome to log in to your Gmail account and use all their features for free.
Below we have provided some ways by which you can transfer your emails from outlook to Gmail
- Open the browser on your system
- Visit gmail.com and login to your account where you want to transfer the mail.
- Now Click on settings on the top right corner of your window
- In new updates click on select all settings option
- Select accounts and import option on the page
- Now visit the import mail and contacts section on the same page
- Once you clicked on the mail and contact option a new window appears asking what account you want to import from?
- Type in your outlook email address and select continue
- In the new window click on continue again.
- Now you need to confirm some permissions provided by Gmail to access your outlook e mail account
- Review the terms and conditions provided and select yes.
- Close the authentication successful screen when prompted.
- In the new window labeled step two select import mail option from the list of provided option you can also choose import contact If you want to import the contact information saved in your outlook.
- Click on start import and then click on ok.
- The import process is automatically carried out by the server without any delay and could last for hours depending upon your file size so be careful and remove any unwanted spam mail that may eat up your valuable google cloud space.
By following the above-mentioned steps correctly, you can easily transfer outlook emails to gmail without any hustle.
Hope, we have provided all the answers to your questions regarding how to transfer outlook emails to gmail using various devices with detailed steps, so you don’t have to rely only on your outlook to view any important email.