QuickBooks has been hallmarked for its efficiency and flexibility. However; it might be a user’s need when working with QuickBooks software that one wants to move QuickBooks to a new computer. There might be any number of factors influencing this choice of the user. The only way out to transfer QuickBooks to a new computer is the use of a migration tool.
The need for a new computer is inescapable as technology advances. Users of QuickBooks have problems moving their data to a new computer and question how to transfer QuickBooks to a new computer?
If you are one of them, then this article is the perfect suit for you!
CHECK THESE BEFORE YOU BEGIN TO TRANSFER
In order to move QuickBooks to a new computer, you must first satisfy the following conditions:
- The license and product key information for QuickBooks should be kept with you at all times.
- Make sure you have adequate space on a USB flash drive to store your QuickBooks information
- Additionally, be certain you have access to a working and dependable internet connection.
- Make sure you have a copy or a backup of your QuickBooks business files in case anything happens.
HOW TO MOVE QUICKBOOKS TO A NEW COMPUTER
There are mainly two ways to move QuickBooks app from old computer to new computer in a jiffy.
- USING THE QUICKBOOKS MIGRATION TOOL IS THE FIRST METHOD.
Using the QuickBooks Migration Tool is the most efficient and straightforward way of transferring QuickBooks data. It is compatible with any desktop versions and subsequent versions of the software.
Users should now complete the following procedures in order to complete, “how to transfer QuickBooks data?” Perform the following steps on your old computer as the initial stage in the process:
Things to be done on old computer
- To begin, connect the Pen Drive to your computer and launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, go to the “File” part of the menu bar and select “Save.”
- Select “Utilities” and then “Move QuickBooks to…” from the drop-down menu.
- QuickBooks should be moved to the Utilities folder.
- Now, choose “I am ready” and then enter the password you want to use.
- At the end, choose “Pen-Drive” and wait for the data to be duplicated.
- After you’ve copied the QuickBooks data to your Pen Drive, you’ll need to execute the proper QuickBooks downloads and follow the instructions outlined below.
Things to be done on new computer
- To begin, plug the Pen Drive into the USB port on your new computer.
- Then run the programme “This PC.” Also, make use of your USB flash drive.
- Next, execute the “Move QuickBooks.bat” file to complete the process.
- Now, enter the password that you created on your old computer.
- To move QuickBooks to a new computer, you must first create a password.
- Finally, choose the option “Let’s go.”
The information that is copied with the QuickBooks Migration Tool All of the information essential for the functionality of QuickBooks Desktop has been copied.
- TRANSFERRING QUICKBOOKS TO A NEW COMPUTER MANUALLY IS THE SECOND STEP
Since QuickBooks customers have also inquired as to how to manually move QuickBooks to a new computer? The following are the actions to take in order to move QuickBooks to a new computer:
- MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATA ON YOUR OLD COMPUTER
It is necessary to build a backup of QuickBooks from your previous computer before proceeding. As a result, take these steps:
- Connect an external hard drive or a USB flash drive to your old computer.
- Install QuickBooks Desktop on your previous PC and start it up.
- Make a selection from the “File” menu to choose “Create Backup.”
- Select “Local Backup” from the drop-down menu, followed by “Options.”
- Click “Next” when you have located and selected the storage device.
- Select “Save It Now” from the drop-down menu and then “Next.
- When you press the “Save” button, the backup files will be produced.
- UNINSTALLING QUICKBOOKS FROM THE OLD COMPUTER IS THE SECOND STEP.
The following procedures must be completed in order to uninstall QuickBooks from your old computer:
- Go to the “Control Panel.”
- Get to the “Program-Features” section.
- Select “Uninstall a Program” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “QuickBooks 20XX” from the drop-down menu.
- Additionally, choose “Uninstall.”
- Tap “Next” after selecting “Remove.”
- “Complete” the uninstalling process.
- TRANSFER QUICKBOOKS TO THE NEW COMPUTER
After removing QuickBooks from your old computer, you should install QuickBooks on your new computer. Here’s how it’s done:
- QuickBooks should be installed on your new computer.
- QuickBooks should be installed correctly and launched as well.
- Finally, activate QuickBooks using the product and license key that you have obtained before.
- The fourth step is to restore the backup to your new computer.
- In order to move QuickBooks to a new computer, the last step is to restore the backup. After completing the necessary step, you are good to go.
However, if none of these adjustments are successful, it is critical to contact QuickBooks customer service for more assistance. QuickBooks, despite its popularity as the greatest accounting software, is not immune to problems. This may be quite intimidating, particularly when it comes to QuickBooks problems that cause daily company operations to come to a grinding stop.
At the very least, you now know how to change QuickBooks from old computer to new computer in a jiffy, whether with the use of a migration application or manually. It makes no difference where you install the software; what matters is that QuickBooks completes its tax computations correctly at the end of the day.