Gmail has provided unmatchable email services to its users over the years. It has proved to be extremely useful with its reliable interface and user-friendly features. It provides modern-age and advanced features for the smooth working of mail services. However, it is not devoid of its technical glitches like any other mail platform. One of the most common errors faced by its users is Gmail Error 007. Users have reported that they come across the Gmail Error 007 while they are sending an email to someone. Their respective accounts get frozen and they are unable to refresh the email page. There can be multiple reasons causing the Gmail error 007.
We have discussed a few such reasons below:
- Gmail error 007 occur as a result of the inappropriate configuration of a system file.
- An unconfigured file can generate a registry error on the device. Thus, it can hamper the functions of the operating system temporarily. This can in turn give rise to the Gmail Error 007.
- It can also occur due to modifications of the settings.
- An unstable internet connection may also give rise to Gmail error 007 but it can get eventually resolved if the internet speed paces up.
- When a user tries to send an email via Gmail, the email client begins the process and thereafter communicates with a web browser. If the Gmail error 007 flashes before you at this time, Gmail will not allow any further communications.
Once we are aware of the underlying causes of the Gmail error 007, it will be easier for us to resolve the same.
However, the resolving procedure differs for different devices and various operating systems. In this article, we will discuss in detail each of them, although we have enlisted some general solutions below:
- Clear all the cache data and cookies and then try signing in.
- Disable all existing browser extensions, scripts, and add-ons and restart.
- Try using the browser in HTML mode.
- Try to access your account through incognito mode.
- Test using any other browser other than the regular one.
- Reset the default browser settings.
- Remove any malware and antivirus programs blocking the course of work.
Fix Gmail Error 007 on Desktop:
Follow these steps to resolve Gmail error 007 on your desktop:
- If you are using a browser(mostly Chrome) to access your Gmail account, ensure to clear the cache data and browser cookies. To do this,
- Go to the Settings option of the Google Chrome menu.
- Click on the Show Advanced settings option.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Click on the Content settings.
- Go to All cookies and site data.
- Click on Remove all.
- Finally, select ‘Done’.
- Gmail error 007 may arise due to the presence of viruses on your desktop. Scan your desktop to see if any virus is attacking your device. For more security, use an antivirus program for scanning. Go to the installed antivirus program and perform a full scan of your desktop.
- An outdated version of the browser can cause Gmail error 007. Go to the browser’s settings option and check whether there is an update pending or not.
- Remove installed browser extensions and add-ons. To do this on Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- Go to the google chrome browser.
- Select the More tools option.
- Click on ‘Extensions’.
- Turn off the ‘Enable extensions’ option.
- Enabling the ‘Background send’ option may cause the Gmail error 007. To disable it, follow these simple steps:
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Go to the tab called Lab.
- Search ‘Background Send’.
- Finally, disable it.
Fix Gmail Error 007 on iPhone:
- Make sure that the browser you are working with is compatible with the Gmail application, otherwise, it may cause the Gmail error 007.
- The browser extensions may cause interruptions to the work of Gmail. It is recommended to turn off the browser extensions or add-ons of your browser.
- The browser history, cache, and cookies take up unnecessary space on your device and hamper the smooth working of the Gmail application. Make sure you clear this unwanted cache to remove the Gmail error 007.
- Sometimes, you may have Google features turned on. In that case, check for the Gmail advanced settings.
- Open the Gmail account.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Select ‘Disable’ for the features that need to be disabled.
- Click on the ‘Save changes’ option and see if the error persists.
Fix Gmail Error 007 on Mac:
- Disable the ‘Gmail labs background send’. The process is, in fact, very simple.
- Go to the Gmail application.
- Go to the settings option.
- Under the Advanced tab option, disable all the Gmail labs.
- Load your Gmail account and check whether the error has been resolved.
- Make sure to disable the browser’s installed extensions to eliminate the Gmail error 007.
- Ensure that you clear off the cache and cookies to remove Gmail error 007.
- Reset the browser settings to the default settings or factory settings to smoothen the working of Gmail.
Fix Gmail Error 007 on Android:
- In case you are using the Gmail application to access your Gmail account, make sure you are using the latest and updated version of the app. An outdated version may give rise to unwanted errors on Gmail.
- In case you are using a browser to access your Gmail account, try a different browser than the regular one.
- Clear the cache data and cookies of your browser for fluent workflow without errors.
- Disable the Lab’s send option and thereafter try to resend the mail.
Fix Gmail Error 007 on iPad:
- Ensure that the browser you are working with is compatible with the Gmail application, otherwise, it may cause the Gmail error 007.
- The browser cache and cookies consume storage space on your device and interrupt the smooth working of the Gmail application. Make sure to clear this unwanted cache to remove the Gmail error 007.
- Sometimes, you may have some of the Google application features turned on. In that case, check for the Gmail advanced settings.
- Open the Gmail account from your device.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Select ‘Disable’ for the features that are to be disabled.
- Click on ‘Save changes’ finally.
- The browser extensions that are installed may cause interruptions to the work of Gmail.
It is recommended to turn off the browser extensions or add-ons of your browser.
If none of the above-mentioned processes help you resolve the Gmail error 007, you should take technical assistance from the Google Support team. You can also report a complaint regarding the error. In some cases, the methods may seem to be lengthy and require a lot of your patience, but it is recommended to try all of them to get fruitful results.